KOBE

5/30/2010 4:31:48 AM
Mdlax
5/30/2010 4:31:48 AM Report Abuse

Who ever doesnt think that Kobe is the best player in the NBA, is out of thier minds.  This guy does it all.  Lebron is good, but not on the same playing field as Kobe. Sorry all you Lebron fans, Kobe is better and will continue to be better pretty much until he retires. This last game against the Suns just put the icing on the cake for me. Lebron Who????????????

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
KingFelix34
5/30/2010 4:40:14 AM Report Abuse
@Mdlax

For once I actually agree with mdlax.  Kobe is legit.  He has perfected every aspect of his game.  He can kill you on the perimeter or in the paint.  Driving layup, pull up jumper, fade away, fall away, floater, catch and shoot, the guy does it all.  LeBron is an athletic beast, but Kobe Bryant is unstoppable.

DBUNK
5/30/2010 8:35:35 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

Kobe has proven himself time after time... His leadership on the court will make him a champion again.. LeBron doesn't have that instinct to go out and smash everyone the way Kobe does

UnitedSkins
5/30/2010 11:14:04 AM Report Abuse
@DBUNK

And here comes another discussion about LeBron's supporting cast...

baseball18
5/30/2010 11:53:22 AM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

kobe has that competitive fire that jordan had. he doesn't seem to care if his teammates really like him, he just wants to win--and he'll do anything to win. i dont see that in lebron, at least not yet--and im not quite sure if thats something you can develop or if it is just born in you. in any case, that is the difference between kobe and lebron as far as i can see. lebron seems to want to be one of the guys. kobe is renown for his off-the-court work every single day no matter what. you don't really hear that about lebron.

puma
5/30/2010 12:55:15 PM Report Abuse
@baseball18

The difference between Kobe and Lebron is Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum.

Littlehoya
5/30/2010 1:17:39 PM Report Abuse
@puma

i don't know... shaq jamison varejo west and williams make quite a stacked lineup...

UnitedSkins
5/30/2010 1:21:38 PM Report Abuse
@Littlehoya

Jesus Christ, we've done this before.

Littlehoya
5/30/2010 1:23:37 PM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

anyone like the idea the post offered? wall outlet pass to gil who fakes the 3 and unselfishly feeds bron bron in the lane for a thundering dunk. DC basketball dynasty

dcsportfan10
5/30/2010 3:05:21 PM Report Abuse
@Littlehoya

I'll admit that Kobe Bryant is not human during the last 4 minutes of a game. They need to put that fadeaway J he hit on sports science because that just seemed unreal. However, Lebron is a better all around player than Kobe Bryant. Period.

UnitedSkins
5/30/2010 4:41:11 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

LeBron is not coming to DC. He's going to New York, Chicago, or (really unlikely but possible) LA. He's going to go to a huge market. If he goes to Chicago, then an official verdict on this whole no supporting cast thing will be reached next season. The Wizards shouldn't focus on Bosh, Wade, or LeBron, because none of them are coming here. If I were the Wizards, I would be focusing on people they actually have a realistic chance of signing like Carlos Boozer or David Lee.

KingFelix34
5/30/2010 5:23:13 PM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

Better all around player?  False.  Kobe can score in any situation.  He can post up, shoot over people, and beat people off the drive.  LeBron's outside shot has improved but is still just average.  LeBron is great at getting to the hole and is the best finisher in the NBA, but his jumpshot isn't good enough to keep defenses from stacking the paint.  Kobe Bryant has proven time and again that he is the best player in the NBA because he hits shots that people only dream about making and hits them when everything is on the line.  LeBron disappeared in game 5.  He didn't even try.  He lacks the hunger to be mentioned with Bryant.  Sorry, that's just how it is.  You can keep your Sports Center highlights and your regular season triple doubles and I'll take the guy that gets me the Gold Ball at the end of the postseason.  

dcsportfan10
5/30/2010 7:02:41 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

Well from reading your post you must think all around player means the ways someone can score, because thats all you pointed out. Lebron is a ball hawk on D, and he "post up, shoot over people, and beat people off the drive" just as good as kobe, and waaaay better on the drive.

And yea he had that bad game 5, but you cant ignore what he has done in the past. Lebron dropped 48 vs. Detroit, and scored like their last 25 points in the 4th. That was the year he got the Cavaliers to the finals with no supporting cast whatsoever. Matter afact that team makes Lebron team of this year look like they are loaded. He had NOBODY when they played against the Spurs. And you cant tell me he did not look like he wanted it in game 3 where he had 21 points in the 1st quarter against the celtics.

There is no question of who is the best closer, Kobe Bryant, yea,,, we get that.

Lebron James is the closest thing to Oscar Robinson. Thats what makes him the best. Kobe never has and never will average 30, 8 and 8.

MikeSellers45
5/30/2010 7:49:57 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

Until BronBron gets a ring (thats all people are really recognized by) he will always be way under Kobe.

dcsportfan10
5/30/2010 8:54:34 PM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

Does that make him way under Robert Horry too? No, because one player does not determine how many rings you get. Kobe Bryant has had some of the best lineups the years he won a championship.

KP21704
5/30/2010 11:23:11 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

well the cavs had the best record in the nba so clearly lebron had a better supporting cast.......?

dcsportfan10
5/30/2010 11:53:31 PM Report Abuse
@KP21704

Andrew Bynum>Shaq or Big Z

Pau Gasol>Waaaaay Better then Anderson Varajao, JJ Hickson, and any other big Man

Ron Artest<Lebron James (ofcourse)

Kobe Bryant>Anthony Parker (ofcourse)

Derek Fisher<Mo Williams, Delonte West

And the Lakers Bench>Cavaliers Bench

The Cavaliers had great chemistry, which is why they won so many games... Not because they were loaded.

Mdlax
5/31/2010 1:49:00 AM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

dcsportsfan10, ahuwwww. cry me a river.  Ok first Lebron can block and steal as many shots as he wants,no ring.  He can beat who ever he wants off the dribble to the hole,no ring.  he can score 100 in a game, guess what no ring. He can average 50 a game, guess what idiot, no ring. Good job lebron average 30,8, and 8 with no ring, i will take Kobe averaging less than james and winning the ship. Let me put it like this, until james closes a championship, he aint done shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wow he can run to the hole and dunk hard, whoopied fuckin doooo.  put a ring on your finger and that will impress me, until then shove it. he had a hell of a chance this year and fumbled it. Hey Lebron, SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingFelix34
5/31/2010 4:18:39 AM Report Abuse
@Mdlax

Okay dcsportsfan10 you lost all credibility when you said that LeBron can shoot over people better than Kobe or can post up better than Kobe.  Do you watch basketball?  LeBron does not post up on anybody.  He is a one trick pony.  He drives, he drives, he drives.  He can occasionally knock down some 3s, but he has no mid range game.  Don't bring up the defense either, cuz Kobe is one of the top perimeter defenders in the league.  Kobe has proven that he can pass the ball too, or did you not notice his multiple 10+ assist games against the Suns?  Pry your lips off of LeBron's nuts and understand that the best players find a way to win when it matters, and LeBron's series against the Celtics shows that he is either not capable or not hungry enough to win it all.

KingFelix34
5/31/2010 4:31:32 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

Also, you mention one good game that LeBron has had, and he took his team to the finals in the pathetic Eastern Conference.  He should be there every there year since the East is so weak.  The Lakers had to go through 3 straight teams with an equal or greater record than the Celtics, who handled LeBron.  Also, Kobe's team last year wasn't "legendary" the way you try to sell them.  He had an allstar big man in Gasol, and the rest were a bunch of decent role players.  Maybe if LeBron had showed a little desire this year, he would be playing Kobe in the finals, but hey, that's what happens when you have been worshipped since you were 18.  Kobe has more drive than LeBron despite already having 4 titles compared to the Queen's 0.  Am I the only one that sees something wrong with that?

jesus
5/31/2010 8:18:26 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

lebron is not even a hall of famer unless he wins a ring kobe bryant doesnt lose

DeMathaStags09
5/31/2010 1:18:08 PM Report Abuse
@jesus

Kobe gets the job done in the clutch and that is all that matters.

dcsportfan10
5/31/2010 3:18:28 PM Report Abuse
@DeMathaStags09

Its crazy how yall talk about rings on an argument about whos better. Kobe Bryant had a squad every year he won a championship. Tell me what he did when Phil Jackson wasnt his coach and he average 35ppg? Barely over .500. Tell me what he did when he had Paul Gasol and Shaq on his team?? Rings. Michael Jordan didnt win his first title until his 7th season, and that was with Phil Jackson(Kobe Bryant's coach every year he won a title)

apman39
5/31/2010 3:56:15 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

Kobe is a winner and that alone makes him better than Lebron.  Kobe can do whatever he wants on the court, Lebron can't.

dcsportfan10
5/31/2010 4:20:01 PM Report Abuse
@apman39

He wasnt a winner when he average 35ppg? Thats funny how he posted his best stats that season and barely made the playoffs.. What does that tell you?

Cadet04
5/31/2010 5:27:54 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

As talented as both of them are, they complain way too much for as talented as they are.  Sorry you don't get every call fellas.  Not even Jordan got EVERY call.  The difference is, LeBron will stop and yell at a ref while a play is still happening.  Kobe Doesn't do it every time. 

Everyone is so tired of this debate. 

All hail Kevin Durant.

Littlehoya
5/31/2010 7:38:03 PM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

All hail John Wall.

henry
6/1/2010 2:53:01 AM Report Abuse
@Littlehoya

one man doesnt win a championship, a team does, kobe is huge for the lakers, but put kobe with the cavs without james there then he is having trouble because on the cavs, teams can double james a lot sooner or even shut him off without having to worry about another player being to step up, sometimes one will but that is only sometimes. the lakers have many players that can step up and make plays for their team all the time and also the lakers would not be as good as they are if they didnt have kobe. not saying that either is better bc honestly i think its impossible to tell, and i think its retarded to determine who is better by saying one has more rings than the other when its no a ring for a one-on-one tourny.

KingFelix34
6/1/2010 3:08:24 AM Report Abuse
@henry

Obviously rings aren't the end all be all of greatness, or guys like Robert Horry would be Hall of Famers.  But to say that they hold no weight is asinine.  The goal of every NBA team, and therefore every NBA player is to win the NBA Championship.  Kobe gets it done.  He steps up during crunch time.  He makes his teammates better.  He finds a way to score even when it appears that he has no chance.  This alone does not make him better than LeBron, but it sure helps.  Kobe has perfected just about every aspect of his game, and that is why he is so dangerous in the playoffs.  When the defenses harden during the playoffs, Kobe can still kill you in so many ways.  NBA defenses are a joke during the regular season.  Those numbers don't impress me nearly as much as great playoff numbers because that's when everyone is playing their hardest and is at their best.  Based on the numbers, Kobe outplays LeBron in the toughest situations.  If you can do 30, 8, and 8 in a weak conference when nobody tries to play defense, great.  Let me consistently see that during the postseason and then I'll buy into the hype.

dcsportfan10
6/1/2010 11:59:45 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

Like i said, Kobe Bryant is not human in the last 4 minutes of the game. He might be the clutchest athlete in the world, or atleast in his sport. And anyone who would not put the ball in his hands at the end of the game should not be coaching. But besides that, Lebron has everything else going for him. Kobe Bryant will score 40 points on 31 shots. Lebron will do that in 22. Lebron is more efficient than Kobe.

How many post season triple doubles does Kobe Bryant have? How many does Lebron have? You cant sit here and say Kobe Bryant's playoffs numbers are better then Lebron's overall.

Btw, comparing titles is pretty much pointless, considering that Kobe's career has been twice as long as Lebron's. Lebron could end up winning more rings then Kobe Bryant because he still has alot in the tank. Like i stated before, MJ did not win his FIRST TITLE until his 7th season,,,,and look at how many rings he has.

baseball18
6/1/2010 2:07:33 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

kobe has figured out how to prolong his career through his jump shot. eventually lebron will need to do the same. you simply cant last as long as kobe has by getting hammered taking it to the rim every night. kobe probably has added 2-3-4 years to his career by changing his game a bit.

Mdlax
5/30/2010 6:49:53 PM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

Hey Unitedskins, no one is forcing you to read these posts, so if you dont want to be a part of it than don't read them. Oh and dont anyone give me that supporting cast bullshit, have the guys on the lakers wouldnt be as good as they are without Kobe. Kobe makes his team and everyone around him better, Lebron just makes himself better, thats the difference.

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close